Stupid marriage functions
This post is the result of a heated argument with one of my friend. He said later that he was pulling my legs but still I had to write this. Because these are the things which I have been feeling for some time.
Frankly, I dont like marriage functions. I dont remember a marriage which I enjoyed being there in whatever way you take. It doesn’t mean that I am not happy for the people who are getting married or so. Its just that the whole marriage function and the things happen around it are not positive in any way. Some of the points I noticed are,
- People normally conduct marriage functions(mostly any kind of function) to make sure that they look good in front of the society. Its like “what will others think if I don’t invite them for a party?”. Rarely the thinking goes like “This is a good moment for us. Lets make sure everyone gets some share of our happiness”. I dont like the idea of something just to please society.
- The people who come for the marriage tend act so mean. I am not telling they are bad people, but when they are on a marriage they expect VIP kinda reception. As a host, if you miss greeting them then they whine about it all their life, “Those people think that they are some big shots, he didn’t even smile me back when I went for their party”. This attitude makes me puke.
- As a host, suppose you forget to invite some one. That’s it. It doesn’t matter how good you were with them in the past, know that it has created a hole in your relation with them.
- When comes to making some big decisions related to the marriage, you ask your close relatives. Now the funny fact is that if you don’t follow their suggestions then they tend to make an issue out of it.
- People tend to complain a lot. They try to forget the fact that arranging a party is a tedious thing and small mistakes can happen. Many times I have seen groups of people gossiping about the bride or groom right when the marriage is going on!
Basically due to all these reasons I don’t like attending functions. I feel like marriage is an union of two people which should be done with as limited number of people as needed.
I believe if you are doing something, then at the end the net effect should be happiness. If its the other case, like in most marriage functions, why take the trouble.